If you are looking for one IDE programming tool to develop a true native native app development for Android, iOS, Windows and OS X then look no further because Delphi XE5 is here already!
There’s no doubt mobile computing is changing everything. If you are a programmer, there’s no doubt also that developing apps for mobile is the IN now! As in now! Not tomorrow. This is where the money is!
I did tried my hands in developing some Android apps using Eclipse but I find it a little bit slow specially when compiling my apps.
I am currently using Delphi XE2 but there’s no support for Android on it yet. So when the news came out that it is now possible to develop Android apps on the new Delphi XE5, I quickly registered myself for the exclusive preview of the upcoming RAD Studio XE5 and Delphi XE5 Android and iOS mobile development technology.
And since we our company is about to convert our existing Windows applications to web based and into a native app, the launching of Delphi XE5 is just perfect.
I attended the webinar last Thursday. They showed the latest features in RAD Studio XE5 and Delphi XE5. Some of the features mentioned are:
- Delphi Android ARM compiler for device and emulator
- FM platform for creating native Android applications for Gingerbread (2.3.3 – 2.3.7), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3, 4.0.4) and Jelly Bean (4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x)
- iOS 7 SDK support and style
- Time Picker control for Android, iOS, Windows and OS X
- Notification Center component for Android and iOS
- Built-in search filtering for TListView on Android, iOS, Windows and OS X
- Swipe to delete on Android and iOS
- Share sheet support on Android and iOS
- FM Platform performance optimizations
- Delphi RTL for Android
- and more…
If you want to watch the webinar replay, you can watch the On-Demand Webinar by filling-up the FORM HERE.