“Service Unavailable – DNS failure
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.”
Have you experienced this error while browsing your favorite site, like Facebook perhaps? Or probably you are ordering your favorite gadgets with special discount on a coupon code site and suddenly you encountered a “time out error” message. Well, I do but not often. But don’t be disheartened, it’s not the end of the world yet, because you and I aren’t the only ones experiencing this DNS failure. It could happen to anybody.
DNS = Domain Name System, in a lay man’s term it is a registry of all the names of the websites and convert them to numbers (IP addresses)
Reasons why DNS failure can occur
Well, two things or let’s make it three (there are more actually):
1. Your computer (PC or laptop) DNS cache is messed up. Periodically, your computer remembers the equivalent IP address of the domain that you are browsing. Sometimes this local database becomes corrupt.
2. The web server you are trying to connect to is down.
3. The ISP or your internet service provider’s DNS servers are having problems.
Solutions for every DNS failure we discussed above:
1. Flush your DNS cache. Flushing forces your computer to delete the entries in the cache.
How to Flush DNS Cache:
Open command line in your computer and type the following:
net stop dnscache
net start dnscache
2. Be patient. Most often, the webmaster of the site that you are trying to connect into is aware of the problem and perhaps they are already fixing. Try to reload the page after some few minutes.
3. Get in touch with your internet service provider and report the issue. More often, they will tell you what I’ve mentioned in no. 1 and 2. If nothing happens say in 30 minutes to 1 hour, they will send you their technician to check on your connection.
Other things that you can try to do is reboot your computer and your modem/router as well. I’m 100% sure the ISP staff or their technician will require you to do this steps as well.
If you have more question about this DNS failure, just leave your comments below and we’ll try to help in solving your problem.