As I was about to get out of our house this morning and grab my Samsung Gear together with my S4 mobile phone, I’d noticed there was a notification on Gear Fit Manager application to update the software.
I thought at first it was just the Gear Fit Manager application only. However, after upgrading itself, it connected to the Gear device and somehow it also updated the firmware.
I didn’t see any significant changes on the application nor on the device. Nothing was mentioned after the upgrade what were the changes. However, upon checking Samsung website, here’s what you can expect in this update:
Gear Update Improves Pedometer and Enhances Experience
June 18, 2014
Based on consumer feedback, a software update is now available for Gear Fit, Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo in the U.S. that improves the overall experience.
Key enhancements include:
– Pedometer is more accurate and starts counting steps automatically
– Higher pedometer goals
– An easier pedometer data transfer process
– Improved heart rate monitor accuracy
– Updated Sleep Mode that disables the screen wake-up feature, so you can wear it while sleeping without being disturbed
– More options for messages sent to rejected calls and the ability to create custom messages
The update will begin rolling out today. When your device is ready to update, you will receive a notification on your paired Galaxy smartphone or tablet. Follow the prompts to complete the update.
Still not a significant upgrade yet, at least for me. What about you? Are the update important to you?